Sunday, September 4, 2011

The 'Beautiful' ones Speak Part 2: Raimonda Skeryte in 'B.W.W.U.E.'



Audition Day

It seem like a regular audition day. But when I came closer to the building I realized I've been in this building before. The funny thing was that in that building it was my very, very first audition when I first came to New York City, so it was five years ago. The same room I auditioned for the first time, that's where I first met Mr. Bracker. So I thought that was a good sign (laughs). So I walk into the room, I see Mr. Bracker next to his friend. They're both are very serious, wearing big sunglasses. I was thinking 'Oh, this is so mysterious' (laughs). But they turned out to be the two most sweetest, nicest guys I've ever met. I did my monologue, they seemed to really enjoy it. It was a very nice chemistry in the room (pause). Keith is so sweet, he's just the sweetest person (laughs). So the audition went well. I left the building very pleased. Very satisfied. At the time I felt like my monologue, because I do think because of the feeling in the room, it came out very easily and it just flew out of me.

Recieving the role of Gunta

Keith called me to let me know...he gave me the part not the one he had in mind when he saw me for the first time. So I auditioned for a different part. But then he offered a part to be a model. And I said okay, whatever, I just want to be in the project. I feel like I can take something from every role. Especially if it's something that's not like me. I'm into that role even more because I learn something. I get to experience something new to improve myself in my work. So I was very happy. Excited. And he seemed like a very nice person to work with.

On the Set

It was very, very quiet, organized, artistic, collobarative; I have to say this was one of the most dynamic sets I've ever had a chance to work in. The whole crew, the whole team, all the cast, were these amazing creative souls. We just gathered together; it seemed like magic was happening in the room by itself. I loved being on the set. I really did. It felt good. It felt very creative. And as a performer I felt very supportive. Encouraged. It was fun. It really was.



Working with Mr. Bracker

He's very patient. He doesn't rush you so he allows you to really take as much time you need to approach your character to understand it. I felt very open to just talk to him and to be honest and open about everything. You can't want anything more as a performer. To just be really supportive. I think he's a good director. He has his vision, he knows what he wants to see, but he doesn't push you, he doesn't throw you into a situation, you kind of find an organic way to get there together.

Favorite Memory

(Thinks for awhile) The whole thing was my favorite memory (laughs). I can point out the scene we shot where all the women, we were lined up, it started out with me looking at myself in the mirror and then looking back at the next character and that character looks back at the next character-so we had this line of us and we just kind of-sending our emotion our feeling of closeness, just being there we kept sending it into another person...(it) felt...intimate. There was this beautiful feeling in the room. We all felt very connected-related as if we've been good friends for a long time-and meanwhile we just had met a day, couple of days ago. It's hard to achieve that kind of connection. And I'm glad we did. I think that would be my favorite moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment