Saturday, September 3, 2011

The 'Beautiful' ones Speak Part 1: Joy Caldwell in 'Beautiful Women Wake Up Early'

Audition Day

It was an interesting audition day because I had just joined this casting service and this was my very first audition I got from this casting service. I was really excited. And Keith was in the room with his shades on looking really suave and cool. He made it really easy. The energy in the room was very welcoming. It's kind of...sometimes unfortunately it's kind of rare in this industry to come to an audition where they're trying to make you feel very at ease. He just asked a couple of questions. I put in my cover letter for the audition that I did music. And we talked about that; my experience in music. It was a beautiful day. It wasn't like I was going in and I had butterflies, something in me just felt at ease, calm throughout the entire process.

The Day of recieving the role of Monica

The day of recieving the part I flown back to houston to spend sometime with my family. I was driving in the car when I saw a new jersey number on my caller ID. I was like 'Oh God who is this' (giggles). When I checked my messages it was Keith telling me how he really enjoyed my audition, my energy, and congradulating me on recieving the part. I called him right back and we spoke.

On the Set

Everybody that he cast, his production team, all had beautiful spirits. There was no diva-kind of thing going on, everyone was open-extremely helpful. Mr. Bracker was very patient. Everyone was very accomadating to one another. It was a great experience. One of the truly great experiences that I've had where everyone on the set was being available emotionally, intelligently, spirtually, it was just beautiful. It was one of my favorite experiences.


Working with Mr. Bracker

He is very accomadating for the actor. A lot of directors only see their technical part of it and they say this is what they need from you now but Mr. Bracker was very patient with us...it felt like I was doing a theater kind of work shop. That's how most of the time theater directors direct-they give you time to find your character -to do different things with your character. I really enjoyed that.  It felt like home. His directing felt like home.

Favorite Memory

My favorite memory was on my first shooting day. It was literally probably my favorite memory of this year, most memorable memory, put it like that. I was coming in from houston, I was suppose to get into New York the night before the shoot. Some how I ended up staying in the airport in Philadelphia and so I didn't get into New York until 6 AM on the morning of the shoot. Then they lost my luggage. I had make up and a bunch of other things I had in my luggage that I needed for the shoot. I was like okay, 'I'll get through it'. I go home, showered really quickly, took a 45 minute nap; ended up being late, my nap extended longer, I got up to rush to the train. I took the right train but to the wrong stop. I was walking around Jersey, in this central area for about a hour and an half. I walked to the bank, lost my debit card...it was the most tumultous time trying to get to the set.
Mr. Bracker was patient, he said 'Are you okay?' I was a bit frazzled. It was still easy when I got to the set.



No comments:

Post a Comment