Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Director's Quotes Pt. 4

"Film can be inventive. You don't have to tell a story, and you don't have to please a TV or an audience. What I hate in movies is all those people you need. And then I realize I do better when I shoot by myself."
             -Chantal Akerman


"I dream for a living."
          -Steven Speilberg

"Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes."
          -Robert Altman

"My distinguishing talent is the ability to put people under the
microscope, perhaps to go one or two layers further down than
some other directors."
             -David Lean

"The only safe thing is to take a chance."
           -Mike Nichols

'To make a film is easy. To make a good film is war. To make a very good
film is a miracle."
     -Alenjandro G. Iarritu

"I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive.
I think it takes obsession takes searching for the details for any artist to be good."
          -Barbara Streisand



No comments:

Post a Comment