Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Artist Expression: Pollock




Now to see Pollock's paintings in person is quite extraordinary. When I was in college I was always interested in reading about his life and looking at his paintings in books. But what justice does that really do for his work. To really experience and see what the man was up to one should see his work in person. So I took my trip to the museum in NYC and saw a huge Pollock painting in front me, and I want to say it's the one above that I saw-it was overwhelming at first and then I breathed and noticed the strokes, the 'mess' wasn't mess at all, and the drips was drips of this man's expression of his wild nature. Pollock was a alcoholic who was wrestling with many inner conflicts. His art work is a deep deep depiction to what was going on within him. When you see his work it's an example of personal art work being exposed to the public. His work grips me everytime I see it. The brilliant usage of colors...I just love the crazyness of it all! How it makes sense and then it doesn't because we as artist are complex people, and we can be misunderstood...at least I am sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment